Problem with AppStore updates won't go away.

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Peter Franks, May 31, 2016.

1. Peter Franks macrumors 65816

[​IMG]

And there is no update button to update them.

Have updated this after reboots and restarts because the 'update all' is always greyed out. And the offending items only say 'open' and not 'update'.

But it's come back again now for the 4th time. Happens every day. Getting painful now. I think I'll just delete them if you can. Anyone else had these problems since these last updates for these.

The AppStore icon always has number '2' on it. Have searched this and few years ago it had turning auto update on and off but that makes no difference at all. They come back every time you update them but now even when you do it still comes back.

2. LxHunter, Jun 1, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2016

LxHunter macrumors 6502

--- Post Merged, Jun 1, 2016 ---
    Try turning on Airplane mode.
    Delete the apps that show download
    Then the restart
    Reinstall apps
    Then turn off Airplane mode and see what happens

3. Peter Franks thread starter macrumors 65816

Will try. Thanks. Any idea why it's happening?

4. Cassie2015 macrumors member

Cassie2015

My ipad air 2 also have the same problem, i will try your sharing methods, thanks

5. Low country macrumors 6502

6. Peter K. macrumors 6502a

Peter K.

I had this happen, as well. When I deleted the offending apps, they came back on their own AND immediately updated themselves. Allowing all that to happen made the problem go away, for now.

Also, I seem to remember a similar problem with iOS 8. The only remedy then was to update iOS to the newest version.

7. mrex macrumors 68020

mrex

i have seen this quite often nowadays. few days ago one app did the same. only way to fix it it was deleting the app and installing it back.

8. bmac89 macrumors 6502a

bmac89

I'm having similar issue. On the home screen the App Store badge shows 1 update but when I open the App Store everything is up to date. I have deleted all apps recently updated and then reinstalled but the App Store badge on home screen still shows 1 update.

I have tried the above suggestions and also restarted iPad but made no difference.