Problem with AT&T 3g on iPad 2 Please help.

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by mcapanelli, Apr 25, 2011.

1. mcapanelli macrumors regular

mcapanelli

Hello all,

What the hell would I do without this forum. Man they'd hate my face at the apple store if it weren't for the helpful people here. Anyhow, I have an iPad 2 and really like the thing. It's great for daily use, really portable, and garageband is a wonderful app for getting ideas down quick and relatively complete. So I've had it for about a month now and all of a sudden I keep getting the "cannot activate the cellular data network" message. After clearing that one I get a "Account out of Data" message. After logging in to my account and finding that I do indeed have plenty of data (248MB as of this post) I keep getting the same messages. I've powered down and back on a few times and same thing. I figure I'll try a hard reset next and follow that with a restore from itunes. If all else fails then it's a trip to the apple store for me. Is there anything else I can do on my end? Is this an issue with AT&T and not apple at all? Are these the droids I'm looking for?..... Sorry, got carried away there. Anyway as always any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance for your time and help.

2. mcapanelli thread starter macrumors regular

mcapanelli

So I did the hard reset....No dice Next was a restore, still no luck. It looks like they'll be a call to Apple support in the very near future for me.

3. HazyCloud macrumors 68030

HazyCloud

If I were you, I'd call AT&T first and see what they say. If they can't help, an appointment to the Genius Bar would be my next move.

4. mcapanelli thread starter macrumors regular

mcapanelli

So the problem is resolved. For anyone with a similar problem you have to call AT&T to get the sim provisions right. For whatever reason when I renewed the data plan the sim didn't provision properly. I still say it's a software issue apple needs to address but I really can't know for sure. AT&T took care of it on their end so no worries.

5. Floyd18370 macrumors newbie

Same problem...what Att number do you call?

Os there a special number for iPad Data?

6. mcapanelli thread starter macrumors regular

mcapanelli

The number should be on your account when you request more info. Be aware that the number assigned by AT&T to your unit is the number they'll need to help you out. Being the impatient person that I am I just googled AT&T and called customer service nd they transferred me to the approbate department.