Problem with Audio and Video in ITunes and Internet applications

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by jdez1687, May 11, 2009.

1. jdez1687 macrumors newbie

OK I just bought a new MacBook Aluminum

2GB (2x1GB DIMM) RAM, 160GB HD, 8x SuperDrive DL, 256MB NVIDIA GeForce 9400M Graphics, 13.3" Glossy Widescreen Display, Airport Extreme (802.11n), Bluetooth, Gigabit Ethernet, iSight, Two USB 2.0, Mini DisplayPort, Combined Optical Digital Audio I/O, Microphone, Speakers, Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard

I installed Window Vista using boot camp. I then also but the mac cd in to download the drivers for windows.

My Problem is that while trying to view a video on the internet, such as a video from youtube, after a few seconds my explorer (or firefox) will crash (yes i have tried both). Also My Itunes with start to sound bad when I do anything else on my computer other than just listen to music and sometimes itunes will just stop in the middle of a song but say its still playing. Plus when i am trying to listen to something online the sound will go in and out.

If anyone can point me in the right direction that would be great Thanks

2. jeevesofRKdia macrumors member

If I remember correctly, you had to disable the wireless-A part of the router. That helped reduce the crackly sound that you hear every minute or so.
    Also, there was something like a LIMO fix for the audio. As far as I could tell, Firefox and iTunes tended to crash a lot in Vista as well.
    Make sure you're updated in regards to software (like Boot Camp 2.1, the newest stuff from Apple.com, etc.)

In the mean time, try using a different browser (like Safari or Chrome) and whenever iTunes stops playing in the middle, pause and hit play again. That generally helps...

But, yeah. It's a really annoying thing that I never was able to fix...

EDIT: Oh yeah, I work off of W7 now, though. I haven't messed around enough to tell you whether or not to switch to the RC...