Problem with audio, can't find anything online. :C

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Swyka, Nov 29, 2015.

1. Swyka macrumors newbie

Alright, so just recently I noticed that my audio has gotten quite buggy, and now it's gotten to the point where it's gotten kind of... I don't even know.

Basically what is happening is my volume controls are working on my keyboard(sort of...?), but aren't actually changing the system volume in the taskbar. HOWEVER, when I go into system preferences > sounds, that ALSO displays a different volume.

Here is a screenshot so you can see what I mean.

http://puu.sh/lCQlK/b71fc84b32.png

It does the same thing when I have headphones in, which is kind of big because I'm using this macbook for work at school, which is a music school.

Tried restarting, and tried the CMD+CTRL+R+P thing as well.

2. MushroomMan macrumors member

MushroomMan

Hmm.... very hard to say from the information you have given.

Does it happen when you have all your audio interfaces unplugged?

From memory when I had a USB Audio Interface plugged in, it behaved differently to when I had a FireWire Interface plugged in, ie. when the FW interface was used the normal keyboard sound buttons didn't work - you had to use the soft controls (and the controls on the interface its self of course).

Either way, if you are at a school and you guys use ProTools there should be an audio guru on hand to sort out these things?

3. Swyka thread starter macrumors newbie

I currently have nothing connected to the macbook.

It behaves fine when I have an audio interface connected, it seems that it's only when it's not connected that this happens.

We definitely have someone on campus who can help, but I'm not going back up until later today. If I can't get this fixed by then I will definitely visit them.

4. MushroomMan macrumors member

MushroomMan

Thats strange then....sounds like the computer is still searching for the interface or something when it is unplugged....but really I have no idea.....these audio things drive me nuts.

One of my first fixes is to restart different audio programs independently and of course OSX, to try to rule out software issues. But it sounds like you have probably done this.

Hopefully you get it sorted and let us know what the solution was.

Good luck!