Problem with Automator's Copy to Clipboard

Discussion in 'macOS' started by kellah, Feb 18, 2008.

1. kellah macrumors regular

This is my problem:

I have a workflow that copies some text to the clipboard. Great, works fine when I run it in Automator to test it. However, as soon as I save it as a Finder plugin and run it that way, the text gets copied to the clipboard twice. So when it should just say for example, "puppy" it will say "puppypuppy".

Has anyone else run into anything like this? It's quite annoying.

Thanks!

2. riscy macrumors 6502a

riscy

No, I have not had that problem as I use MainMenu, which keeps everything you copy on a global clipboard. Very cool, might be worth looking into if you use the clipboard a lot like me.

3. motulist macrumors 68040

motulist

I don't have that problem when I run my automator stand-alone application workflows. Is it possible that you actually have 2 copy commands in your workflow and that both only get acted out when saved as a finder plug in instead of running as a regular script? And check Apple's support forums, perhaps it's a bug and it's being discussed there.

4. kellah thread starter macrumors regular

I went back and double-checked a couple times and there's only one copy command in there. I tested and it also works just fine when I save it as an application. I'll check out Apple's support forums though.

5. kellah thread starter macrumors regular

Just an update:

Apparently this is an issue with Leopard. It seems to be a problem with the rename finder items action in Automator. There has been no fix so far.