Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jlusk99

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 17, 2013
I have had my Macbook Pro for about 8 months now, and I have been quite satisfied. None of the typical slowdowns that always happened whenever I got a new PC. I think I have only had the system freeze up on me where I had to reboot maybe twice this whole time.

However, I have noticed a new issue that has started happening recently in Firefox. My homepage is Google and I usually do a search and click the links Google brings up. I will go to the webpage I want, but sometimes when I click the back button, it seems to bring me back 2 screens instead of one. Instead of going back to the Google screen with my search results, it brings me back 2 screens to the 'blank' Google page with no search results. This seems to be happening about 50 % of the time recently and it is annoying. I always have to re-enter my search all over again.

Has anyone experienced anything like this? Is it a trackpad issue? Firefox issue? Problem with the computer itself?

timallen235

macrumors newbie
Apr 17, 2014
back button reply

I have had my Macbook Pro for about 8 months now, and I have been quite satisfied. None of the typical slowdowns that always happened whenever I got a new PC. I think I have only had the system freeze up on me where I had to reboot maybe twice this whole time.

However, I have noticed a new issue that has started happening recently in Firefox. My homepage is Google and I usually do a search and click the links Google brings up. I will go to the webpage I want, but sometimes when I click the back button, it seems to bring me back 2 screens instead of one. Instead of going back to the Google screen with my search results, it brings me back 2 screens to the 'blank' Google page with no search results. This seems to be happening about 50 % of the time recently and it is annoying. I always have to re-enter my search all over again.

Has anyone experienced anything like this? Is it a trackpad issue? Firefox issue? Problem with the computer itself?

Hey, I had the same problem . Just go to View - Toolbars - check "Navigation Toolbar"

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.