Problem with BBCi radio player and RealPlayer

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Thunderbird8, Feb 28, 2008.

1. Thunderbird8 macrumors regular

Thunderbird8

Hi,

I have installed Real Player on my Macbook under Leopard, however when trying to access the 'listen again' function on the BBC site, I get error messages saying I do not have real player, when I do.

BBCi works fine on the TV side, just not the radio. Any ideas?

Thanks.

2. FleurDuMal macrumors 68000

FleurDuMal

This happened to me. Have you moved the Realplayer program since you installed it and opened up Safari? I have a feeling Safari remembers where you installed it when you first open Safari after the first installation of Realplayer, so if you move the programme icon afterwards (i.e. from the desktop to the Applications folder) it won't be able to find it.

Delete Realplayer, close everything (or restart). Install Realplayer into the Applications folder. Then start Safari and see if it works.

3. Flowero4ka macrumors regular

I advise NOT to load realplayer and to load Online Radio Tuner!!! maybe you will find another link where you may load it for free!! But I really enjoy it - you may listen radio from ALLL OVER THE WORLD!!! I use iTunes, but it has no bbc, that's why I began to find some-thing... RealPlayer has problems everytime, but "Online Radio Tuner" has BBC and has NOOO problems! Share yr experience :)