Problem with Belkin invisiglass screen protector lifting

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by MajesticNJ, Oct 15, 2016.

1. MajesticNJ macrumors regular

MajesticNJ

I just got my 7+ two nights ago. I had the Apple Store employee put the Belkin Invisiglass screen protector on in-store using their machine. It started lifting by the home button within 12 hours. I then went back to the store yesterday and they put another one on. Looked good. This morning I woke up and looked at the phone only to see it exhibiting the same problem in the same spot. Seems very odd.

Anyone else having a problem?

Attached Files:

2. noobinator macrumors 601

Mine got a tiny piece of pints or dust in that exact spots a few times and looked like that. I wasn't sure what was happening at first but then I removed the lint and it was fixed.

3. danny8200 macrumors 65816

danny8200

Had the same problem with mine. Started lifting around the home screen then cracked by the earpiece. Luckily it did it on the evening of the 14th day return policy.

4. MajesticNJ thread starter macrumors regular

MajesticNJ

I went back to the store and got a new one put on today. This is now my third one. I'm going to take a picture of it before I put it on the charger for the night. If it is like this again in the morning I can only suspect the heat from the charging port is causing the glue to dry up which is causing the glass to lift. Just a suspicion of mine since it happened in the same place and both times I noticed it in the morning when pulling it off the charge.

5. MajesticNJ thread starter macrumors regular

MajesticNJ

Update. It looks to have peeled up a little bit. Not as bad as the other two. One main difference though is that my phone was at 70% when I went to bed so we didn't need to go to go through a full charging process. Going to see how it makes it through the day today and if it peels up anymore overnight into tomorrow morning.

6. MajesticNJ thread starter macrumors regular

MajesticNJ

I'm definitely keeping a close eye on it and watching the date. Worst case scenario I will return it for a full refund and go with a different screen protector. I just think it is very funny to have happened to two screen protectors already and from what it looks like will be happening to this third one. In the same exact spot. So odd.

7. MajesticNJ thread starter macrumors regular

MajesticNJ

Update. I am really frustrated. The third screen protector has now done the same thing the other two have. To recap, first one was put on Thursday evening. Peeled/lifted by Friday AM after a night on the charger. Second one was put on Friday afternoon. Peeled/lifted by Saturday day AM after a night on the charger. Third was put on Saturday afternoon. Had LIGHT peeling/lifting till last night but this morning looks just like the other two did. [​IMG]

8. Thekidtorres macrumors regular

Am I wrong, or it has a hair or something similar under the screen protector on that part??

9. MajesticNJ thread starter macrumors regular

MajesticNJ

I thought the same thing but I think it's a reflection from the angle of the picture. As much as I tried to find a hair there there was nothing there.

I'm going back to the Apple Store tomorrow and I'm going to have them peel this thing off and give me a refund. Wow one would think that that is an immediate fix it unfortunately leaves me with no screen protector and I can't help but wonder that if this is in fact a heat problem by the charging port that is causing this it's going to happen again with a different screen protector.

10. MajesticNJ thread starter macrumors regular

MajesticNJ

I returned the screen protector and got a refund this time. Went to the BestBuy and they put a Zagg on but it overhangs and has a halo. Looks too big for the screen.

11. Thekidtorres macrumors regular

If I were you, I would request a refund for the iPhone, or at least that Apple take a look at your phone, it's obvious that the problem is your iPhone and not the screen protector brand..

12. Will22 macrumors 65816

Will22

That is what I was thinking.

13. danny8200 macrumors 65816

danny8200

How can it be the phone though? Many others are having problems with the Belkin.....

14. MajesticNJ thread starter macrumors regular

MajesticNJ

The only thing I can think of is bad glue and that area is close to the charging port. Maybe it gets warm there?

15. Shark5150 macrumors 6502a

Shark5150

My Belkin installed at the Apple store using their install device is flawless. Perfect fitment.

16. danny8200 macrumors 65816

danny8200

I don't know. The Belkin didn't work on mine. I'm using another brand that sealed perfectly.

17. MajesticNJ thread starter macrumors regular

MajesticNJ

What did you end up using?

18. MajesticNJ thread starter macrumors regular

MajesticNJ

Do you have a 7 or 7+?

19. danny8200 macrumors 65816

danny8200

Anker Glassguard.

20. 3pp macrumors member

Doesn't use glue, uses static to stick to the display. No adhesive.

21. HickDead macrumors 6502a

HickDead

Get the Zagg HD Glass+ (Case Friendly version). No halos and no lifting. I installed mine several days ago and no issues whatsoever. The oleophobic coating is also top notch. best screen protector I have ever owned and used.

Make sure it says "case friendly" on the package.

22. Shark5150 macrumors 6502a

Shark5150

Plus

23. MajesticNJ thread starter macrumors regular

MajesticNJ

Interesting. Not sure why it keeps peeling up in the same place.

24. MajesticNJ thread starter macrumors regular

MajesticNJ

I'll have to look into this. Best Buy tried to put on three different Zagg HD glass screen protector's and each one of them had a really bad halo and were overextended. After three tries they gave up.

I was disappointed because I've also used these on previous phones and love them.

25. 3pp macrumors member

Is that not the location of the haptic engine? Perhaps it's to do with that, and the new home button design. It's worth noting I've not come across this problem with my Belkin glass cover from Apple on my 7 Plus. Strange.