Problem with Belkin Wireless Utility

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by FadeToBlack, Jun 12, 2007.

1. FadeToBlack macrumors 68000

FadeToBlack

I went to go into my Wireless Utility because I wanted to change some settings on my router. Well, I typed in my password and got a login error. I'm 99.9% sure I'm typing the right password, but it just won't let me in.

Anyone have any idea how I could go in and reset my password, so that I can actually be able to login again? I e-mailed Belkin support, but it said that it could take up to 72 hours for a response, so I figured I'd ask you guys and see if you could help me. Thanks in advance.

EDIT: WOW! They already got back to me through e-mail. Quick service! Problem solved.

2. JayBofMA macrumors newbie

And what was the solution?

I am glad to see that you found your solution so quickly. Would you be able to share that solution with us in this thread?

3. FadeToBlack thread starter macrumors 68000

FadeToBlack

Honestly, I can't even remember what the solution was. :eek:

It's been a while and I honestly have no clue. Sorry, man.

4. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

The general answer with routers is to hardware-reset the router (usually there is a 'paperclip' pushbutton you hold down) which takes it back to factory defaults. You then want to immediately change the password to one of your own, as the factory default passwords are well known to hackers.

Keep your router manual accessible, and write your password on the inside front cover. Routers are devices that are literally set and forget, so you will need to RTM.