Problem with BetterTouchTool

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by TrulyYuki, Dec 14, 2010.

1. TrulyYuki macrumors 6502

TrulyYuki

Brief background info.
    Recently i reformatted my whole HD because I've been having some software glitches. Well, did not resolve the issues, thinking issues maybe more complicated... thats' gonna be a different thread. ANYWAY, BetterTouchTool works, I just never get a preference window. Even in system preferences the icon is does not show up. I have no icon in the menu bar either. Now I've deleted BTT and reinstalled. still same problem. My personal preferences for BTT are still the same though.
    Now I when I reformatted my HD I did not use time machine back up or create an image of my Data. All I did was save my files individually just so that any software bugs did not transfer over.

There are NO BTT files or plists found on my system anywhere. Anyone with ANY suggestions? Please let me know. This has been driving me crazy this past week. I have finally had it.

2. SaSaSushi macrumors 68040

SaSaSushi

I recently stopped using Better Touch Tool in favor of MagicDriver but it sounds like you checked the option to hide the menubar icon.

If BTT is installed (it is clearly installed if your gestures are working) the keyboard shortcut Control-Option-Command-O should bring up the preferences for you.

From there you can enable the menubar icon again.

3. TrulyYuki thread starter macrumors 6502

TrulyYuki

SWEETNESS!!! Thanks! the strange thing is I set it to hide in menu bar before reformatting, but never the actual window. I would think reformatting my whole drive would have set it back to default settings but didn't. ... that's a different story.