Problem with Bluetooth, and a Kinda Wth Moment

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by slomifier, Jun 17, 2009.

1. slomifier macrumors regular

After hours of trying to find an opening in the update server I finally got a "chance to buy" the OS 3.0. Love the new features, but I'm having problem with my bluetooth

First, I tried pairing it with my Nokia headset, and it can't even find it. My laptop finds it so I know it's working. Secondly, I tried to hook up my laptop to my iPod Touch (kinda just for *****'n'giggles), and it found it, (Almost instantly, almost creepily), but it can't really connect to it. I got it to connect once, but my laptop said that my iPod didn't have any services accociated with it. I told my iPod to forget my laptop, so I could reconnect to it, now it tries to pair, but won't complete it.

The other thing is that I read (in an memory free'er's app's description) that Apple took out the Force Quit feature (By holding down the Home button). I tried it out, and low-and-behold, they did. Considering I saw this advertised in an app's description, would apple seriously get rid of something like that to spur new apps?

Thanks

2. Pgohlke macrumors 6502

the new way to force quit is to hold the sleep/wake button until the red turn off slider comes up then hold the home button for 6 secs like normal and it will exit everything. I wish they had not changed this for the ipod touch and iphone at the moment because they replaced force quit with voice control on the 3gs only.

3. slomifier thread starter macrumors regular

On a side note, I just bought like 20$ worth in random stuff, is there a way to check everything that I've bought?

Anyways, I got to the Slider, held the Home button for a bit ('bout 20 seconds) and nothing happened. Does it only work on iPhones?

Oh, and does anyone have any ideas on the bluetooth problems?

Thanks

4. Pgohlke macrumors 6502

5. JediMeister macrumors 68040

Bluetooth on an iPod touch/iPhone only supports the A2DP protocol. If the Nokia headset supports a different standard that maybe another mobile phone or the computer recognizes, that could very well be why its discoverable/usable with one product but not your iPod.