Problem with bluetooth audio since iOS4 upgrade. Suggestions?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by PecanEater, Jun 25, 2010.

1. PecanEater macrumors 6502

PecanEater

I own a 3Gs and recently upgraded to iOS4. Since my upgrade, the quality of the bluetooth audio when paired with my car stereo is very degraded. The sound is hollow and scratchy. Any similar experiences and/or suggestions to resolve this issue?

A few more specifics: I only use the bluetooth audio in my car so I don't know if this issue extends to other connections. The car is a Nissan Versa. This is not a new iPhone4 so this is not related to the iPhone 4 antenna issue. In my case, this is the same phone, same car, same mounting position in my car. The only change is the new OS.

UPDATE: Since the original post, I've found a few other reports of degraded bluetooth audio with iOS4 (all MacRumors threads):
    here, here and here.

One of these is also with a Nissan. Others are with iPhone4.

2. jutte64 macrumors regular

i have a pioneer head unit in my truck where before the update i was able to play my ipod on my 3G through the radio. tried it last night and it cant connect at all. the phone says its connect but didnt try it out yet.

3. PecanEater thread starter macrumors 6502

PecanEater

I just noticed this today on a call in my car. I haven't done any troubleshooting yet. I'm going to try to delete the connection and reconnect. I hope that will fix it.

4. PecanEater thread starter macrumors 6502

PecanEater

I'll update this evening after attempting a re-pairing (pun intended). :D

5. jutte64 macrumors regular

i tried that on my 3g last night and still wasnt able to get it to work.

6. AnotherLabRat macrumors newbie

Ditto for me. My ip4 won't connect and play audio via bluetooth. It will connect for phone calls. My 3g connected calls and audio with no problem.

After finding I can't run the Sirius/Xm app and do ANYTHING else on the phone (multitasking seems like a ******** scam at this point) and finding I can't listen to audio via bluetooth anymore.....I'm certainly missing my 3g.
    :(

7. PecanEater thread starter macrumors 6502

PecanEater

UPDATE: I did a restore of my phone, deleted the pair from my car and re-paired it. Issue seems to be resolved.

8. macfanboy macrumors 6502a

When you originally set up the iPhone 4 (when you had problems with bluetooth), did you restore from backup or as a new phone?
    Also, when you did the restore that appeared to fix your problem, did you restore from backup or not?

Thanks

9. falconman515 macrumors 6502a

falconman515

I am having the same issue! I have a Kenwood ouch screen deck with a Bluetooth module added.

My incoming calls and some outgoing are very muffled (it used to do this on my old 2g but a fix from kenwood worked) plus sometimes when I get in the car it wont pair at all and I have to do it manually!

I'm almost 95% sure its the new iOS4 software... our decks are up to tade with the new software is all.

10. LouC macrumors newbie

11. LouC macrumors newbie

Same with my Pioneer

I have a Pioneer stereo installed in my car. Before upgrading to this overrated, under-delivering IOS4, I was able to use my 3g iPhone with both phone calls and music streaming over to my stereo. Now, the phone works but IOS4 will not allow the Pioneer to connect to the blue tooth streaming stereo - so no more music in my car! Also, no multi-tasking either on my 3g (should of read the fine print, 3GS only!!) Apple has really gotten arrogant and insensitive to its loyal base, and AT&T has always been a very poor provider. For me its time to switch to Verizon and give the new Droid Incredible a try.

12. jutte64 macrumors regular

anyone with the iOS4.1 GM, can you tell me if it fixes these problems with the pioneer head units?? i would like to be able to use my bluetooth audio again!