Problem with Bluetooth headphones on BootCamp Windows 7

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by racalavaca, Apr 27, 2014.

1. racalavaca macrumors newbie

Hello, I am having some issues with bluetooth on bootcamp windows 7 64 bit.

I have a bluetooth headphone, that I can use with no problems at all on my iphone, iMac, macbook and my girlfriend's iphone, but when I'm using windows 7 on my iMac, I can only pair it sometimes.

Here's the weird part, it seems to be dependant on wether or not I've paired it recently with other devices!! If I've paired it with my iphone recently, it seems to have no problem connecting again to windows, but if I've paired it recently with my girlfriend's laptop it just refuses to connect with windows again, even when all bluetooth devices are turned off!

Let me be clear, the pairing works in windows, and it's relatively easy (with only a few glitches now and again) to connect and disconnect, if windows is the only thing I pair it with... but as soon as I pair it with my girlfriend's laptop, I can turn all bluetooth in the house off again and it still refuses to pair with windows.

I get absolutely no kind of error message, I turn the headphone on, and nothing happens... I have to continuously turn it off and on again, and keep spamming "connect" in sound preferences, and eventually after about 30-40 times I turn it off and on (no exaggeration) it'll eventually work.

Needless to say this is REALLY weird, and I haven't found any other person with the same problem... the driver is obviously working, the headphone is obviously working... can anyone help me understand what's wrong? I've tried turning the bluetooth adapter on and off, reinstalling drivers, nothing seems to help!

2. simmonsj macrumors newbie

simmonsj

I get the same problem. Sony DR-BTN200 headset. I can pair it in OSX, turn the computer off and on - it happily stays paired. I can pair it in Windows 7 64 bit in Bootcamp - it happily stays paired. When I switch from one OS to the other I seem to lose the pairing. I've found if I delete the device and re-pair; that works but it's not a perfect solution.

I'm guessing it could be that the headphones don't like being paired twice to the same Bluetooth host in the computer.

Hmm, I have another Bluetooth headset - maybe I'll see if that works better, it would be interesting to see if you have the same model of headset I have.

3. saturnotaku macrumors 68000

It's a Bluetooth driver problem. I've never gotten it to work right in Windows, though OS X works fine. You might want to consider an external USB adapter when using your device in Windows.