Problem with bluetooth. Wont sync with my BB pearl

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by candychunk, Nov 10, 2007.

1. candychunk macrumors member

Okay, I'm gonna try this one more time. - nobody helped me with my other post :(

I cant receive files from my blackberry pearl to my macbook

Whenever I try sending a file to my macbook, my phone says "Failed to find service". Then when I click the bluetooth icon on top of the screen (macbook), there's a "Browse Device" option, I tried that... it just keeps browsing my phone... never stops! :eek:

oh yeah, i CAN receive files from my macbook to my BB pearl... it just wont work with the other way around.... WHAT AM I DOING WRONG?

2. kajitox macrumors 6502a

kajitox

I also have a blackberry pearl and I have given up trying to get the two to connect via bluetooth. I have searched far and wide and I can't get it to work. I recommend that you use the USB connector and use PocketMac sync manager to sync your blackberry, if that's what you're trying to achieve. :)

3. candychunk thread starter macrumors member

nice to hear it's just not me... although my friend borrowed my bb pearl one time in class and she transferred a song from my pearl to her macbook through bluetooth.).. it worked!

i found a site showing how to do it, but as i said, my macbook just keep browsing my phone.... is that your case too?

4. kajitox macrumors 6502a

kajitox

nope. i can't get it to stay connected, but i think thats a personal problem.