Problem with Boot Camp drivers when installing Windows 7

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by povsicf, Jan 25, 2010.

1. povsicf macrumors member

So here is another one, I'm trying to install Windows 7 on my macbook. When I insert the disc to run the boot camp drivers I get an error message that saids that X64 is unsopported on this computer model. Awhile ago I got the same message and thought that it was just an error since boot camp wasn't made to run with windows 7 yet, but whithin the last week or so they released the drivers for the update for this. I downloaded the update and installed it but still no luck, was wondering if anyone has run into this issue, if you could help me on this I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks and feel free to ask me any questions. Thanks.

2. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

Run the bootcamp.msi file in the drivers/Apple folder on the DVD. Run it in compatibility mode as a previous OS. You should then be able to run the update.

3. povsicf thread starter macrumors member

Thanks a lot for your response, I am very appreciative of it however I don't quite understand exactly what to do. Anyway to maybe explain to me in "DUMMY" terms, lol. Sorry I am pretty good with computers but not that advanced. Thanks again.

4. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

Insert your Snow Leopard or Install Disc 1 into the DVD while under windows. Don't run the setup. Browse the DVD and navigate down to the Drivers/Apple folder. Right click on bootcamp64.msi and select properties. Click the compatibility tab and select "run this program in compatibility mode for:" and choose "a previous operating system" from the drop down (or Vista SP1 if its in the list). Then select OK. Then double click on bootcamp64.msi

5. povsicf thread starter macrumors member

Hey thanks again for all your help. I did exactly what you told me to do. Everything worked except for when I double clicked on the file the bootcamp logo came up, and I proceeded with the install but then told me that it didn't install everything and none of the stuff works. My sound doesn't work my keyboard only works somewhat, none of the comands work, so I think it didn't do what it's supposed to. Any ideas? Maybe I'm doing something wrong. I have downloaded the update but have not tried installing it yet. Was waiting to hear back from you before I tried that. Thanks again for all your help.