Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

silverX200

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 14, 2009
Recently, I had Windows on my Computer, but got a problem. So I deleted Windows. I was partitioning my hard drive again (65 Gigs on Windows, 35 on Mac), when a problem occured with my ever-glitchy Mac side, and I had to turn the computer off and on in the process of partitioning the disc. (It was about 85% done) When I turned it back on, I found it only had the Mac drive. I headed to Boot Camp, and tried to remove a partition, but I found a message saying, "You need at least 10 Gigabytes of space to Partition". Confused, I headed over to check out my Mac drive's memory.

6 gigs open on my Mac Side, only 35 gigs total on my entire computer. And Windows drive doesn't exist.

What should I do??

wrldwzrd89

macrumors G5
Jun 6, 2003
Solon, OH
Your partition map has been left in an odd, but still usable state. The best solution to this problem involves formatting your hard drive... however, if you have a FireWire or USB external drive handy, you can make the process much less painful by using disk cloning software, such as Carbon Copy Cloner or SuperDuper, to clone the drive to the external. Once that's done, boot from the clone, format the internal drive, clone the clone back to the internal, and boot from it. Problem solved!

Consultant

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
Sounds like you messed up. You messed up the windows side, now you messed up the osx side.

I would backup your data, format the harddrive, reinstall, and restore user.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.