Problem with bootcamp assistant

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by SierraMike, Jun 25, 2008.

1. SierraMike macrumors newbie

Hiy,

I just wanted to install windows xp on my macbook and so I opened the Bootcamp Assistant. But there seems to be a problem with recognising the disk. I have a 250Gb disk. This is what it looks like:
    [​IMG]
    Does anyone know what to do?
    Thnx,
    SierraMike

2. MM07 macrumors 6502a

3. CWallace macrumors 601

CWallace

And if you have restarted, run Disk Utility on your HDD to verify and repair (if necessary).

4. Siron macrumors 6502

Siron

When you took that screenshot did you have the OSX partition highlighted? I did not partition my OSX disc but installed on a separate disc but the screenshot looks okay except for the partition size and free space.

5. SierraMike thread starter macrumors newbie

Hiy,
    I have verified the disk in Disk Utility but everything is okay so I cannot choose repair. The disk itself seems to be fine, in finder there is no problem. When I open the Bootcamp Utility there is no option for me to choose the "OSX" disc, but that is because there is only one disk. I also have restarted my mac several times but there is no change, I also have reinstalled the Bootcamp Utility. I have no clue what is going on... :(

6. SierraMike thread starter macrumors newbie

Solved!

Hiy all,
    I have solved the problem. I have restored my mac with time machine and the problem is now solved. Thnx for the help anyway. Don't we all just looooove :apple: :D