Problem with Bootcamp cannot boot into mac osx

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Ollie Cromwell, Jun 5, 2007.

1. Ollie Cromwell macrumors member

Ollie Cromwell

I have a new mac pro whic has arrived today, just created a partition for winxp and installed it successfully.

I cannot seem to get the machine to boot back into the Mac OS though,

Have tried repeatedly to start up and get it running holding down the option key as you are supposed to but it just ignores it and goes into XP.

Have tried changing the startup disk in the control panel in XP as suggested by the windows xp bootcamp help but it ignores that as well.

Anyone got any ideas?

P.S I am using a bluetooth wireless apple keyboard I hope that is not the problem.

2. LimeiBook86 macrumors 604

LimeiBook86

The bluetooth keyboard may be the problem. I think it might not be connecting to the computer at startup, thus ignoring the commands you're giving it. If you have another compatible USB keyboard in the house, use that for now and hold down the option key.

See if the computer now shows your Mac OS X and Windows partitions. If it does than you know it was your Bluetooth keyboard, maybe it just has to be paired again with your Mac (on Mac OS X). Good luck :)

3. Schroedinger macrumors regular

Schroedinger

I use a logitech bluetooth keyboard, and it won't bring up the boot loader screen. I keep another usb keyboard plugged in just to hold down the option key for startup.

I'm also having a similar problem with a mac pro, xp and not being able to get the startup disk option in Windows to work right. It's actually a common problem and there are other threads on this (i think).

I bet M$ broke it on purpose with their latest updates. :D