Problem with Bootcamp/Windows 7

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Ke1ington, Jan 7, 2010.

1. Ke1ington macrumors 6502a

Ke1ington

I'm attempting to install Windows on my Macbook and I got to the point where it asks for my product key. I've put it in several times and it continues to tell me it's invalid. This is an authentic copy of Windows 7 Professional.

Now I'm stuck at that screen. How do I go about getting back to OSX? How do I eject the disc? I don't mind giving up on Windows (have an old Windows laptop laying around).

Edit: Got it rebooted into OSX. Anybody have any idea why it won't accept my product key?

2. ayeying macrumors 601

ayeying

To skip it, just click continue, then click "no" and bam, you're through the enter a product key page. Enter it later.

3. Ke1ington thread starter macrumors 6502a

Ke1ington

There's no continue button. Only "OK". It won't let you pass the screen without entering the key.

4. ayeying macrumors 601

ayeying

I've installed Windows 7 so many times it's not even funny. Click it, then another window will pop up and there you should be able to select yes or no.

Unless you passed your 30 day trial already, then it's a different story.

5. Cathode macrumors regular

Cathode

Make sure your copy of Windows 7 Professional is the FULL version. You cannot use an UPGRADE license to install Windows 7 on Boot Camp. If you do a clean install with an upgrade version it will tell you invalid key. Try installing XP/Vista first.