Problem with BUmper Case for Iphone 4

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by luv2hum, Jul 7, 2010.

1. luv2hum macrumors regular

I have the bumper case and the problem I am having is that any car charger I have bought for my iphone, be it a d.lo or and after market car charger will not fit with the bumper case on. with the case off, the charger works fine. is anyone else having any problems with this and if so, has anyone been succesfful in "shaving down" part of the aftermarket charger?
    please let me know.
    thanks

2. ducktales macrumors regular

i shaved down my ATT car charger but it's not pretty. its very hard to shave down the harden plastic and still be cosmetically pleasing. but it works now at least..

3. luv2hum thread starter macrumors regular

could you tell me what you used to shave it down, do you have a picture of what it should look like in order for it to work properly?
    thanks

4. frozencarbonite macrumors 6502

frozencarbonite

Yeah, I'd like to see a photo of that. I'm probably going to have to end up doing that for my car charger/FM transmitter.

5. sdmcwilliams macrumors member

sdmcwilliams

I shaved mine down with an XACTO knife today. I had to remove about 1/8" from the perimeter of the black part closest to the phone when plugged in.

6. gmoney68 macrumors newbie

iPhone 4 Car Charger Won't Work with Bumper Fitted?

If you struggle to get your car charger to work when you have a bumper fitted on the phone, I think you will find this a good solution:
    http://iphone4-bumper.blogspot.com/
    :)

7. ItsJustafnPhone macrumors 6502a

yup do this

8. johnny168 macrumors member

Had a question kinda off topic but abut the bumper.
    so i lost my bumper a week ago (because i wanted to try it naked for a little and see how it felt) and bought a new one a few days ago. I opened it and used it for like a day. Had to do some cleaning around the house and found the bumper i lost! can i return the bumper i just bought and opened? or does apple not allow this? If anyone knows it would help a lot !

9. Meltdownblitz macrumors 65816

Of course you can return it, you have 30 days!

10. johnny168 macrumors member

Thanks for the quick reply! yay you saved me $30!
    do i have to make an appoitment or just go to their one and only cash register? haha

11. Meltdownblitz macrumors 65816

Go there with your receipt and packaging and you should be good.

12. johnny168 macrumors member

13. BlackViper macrumors member

Sandpaper

I sanded down the outer part of my Belkin Tune-cast Auto to fit my bumper and it works fine now. The sandpaper left significant scratches but if you care for the looks, just polish with a finer grit and/or hit it with a torch to get that shinny plastic finish again. Downside is this will likely void the warranty on whatever product you do this with.