problem with calllock on 4.3.3

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by psywzrd, May 12, 2011.

1. psywzrd macrumors 68030

Are any of you guys having a problem with callllock on 4.3.3? I've answered a few calls today and my phone is not locking when I put the phone to my ear (I have the proximity lock option turned on of course). What's really weird is that I tried calling my cell phone from my work phone (landline) and testing it out and it seems to lock fine; however, on the "real" calls that I've received today, the phone definitely does not lock when I put it up to my ear (when I pull the phone from my ear, the screen comes on and I can hit the "end call" option to end the call). I don't use the "Auto Lock" option if that makes a difference.

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Works fine here on 4.3.1
    Maybe remove and reinstall?

3. psywzrd thread starter macrumors 68030

Tried that. Definitely not working properly on 4.3.3 for me. Either it doesn't lock at all with the proximity lock or I have to put my phone to my ear, take it away and then put it back to me ear again to get it to lock. Right now it's not locking at all though - very aggravating.

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

That sucks.
    Does the manual lock work by hitting the power button?

5. psywzrd thread starter macrumors 68030

Sure does. It's so weird because it doesn't seem to ever lock with the proximity sensor the first time around and it only sometimes locks with the proximity sensor at all. I've contacted the developer twice now and have not gotten a response. I hate these developers that charge for an app and then just disappear. At least stick around and support your app, especially when people pay for it. I know it's only $0.99 or whatever but I don't think it's unreasonable to expect at least SOME type of support. I think the app needs to be updated to work on 4.3.3 unless someone else here can tell me that callllock works perfectly for them on 4.3.3. These weird messages have popped up several times now too.

Attached Files:

6. TaterToT macrumors 6502

Yes mine does this sometimes too... I'm fairly certain it's a problem with the Proximity Sensor itself. I know I have a defective one but haven't wanted to get a replacement phone. If you don't put your phone up to your face right when you answer it, CallLock won't be activated for some reason, but if you take it away and then put it back to your face it'll CallLock. I think it's an issue with the whole sensor strength update they did (where you can see the sensor glowing red if you're in a dark room).

Try this: go into a dark room, make a call but don't put the phone up to your face and see if the sensor glows red. If it doesn't, put it on speaker phone and then move your hand around the sensor while turning off speaker phone. Can you see the sensor glowing red now? If so I think your sensor has the same problem as mine.

7. Peterg2 macrumors 6502a

I can add my name to the list of those who has found that Calllock is not a perfect experience on 4.3.3. I normally had it set to "Proximity Lock" but just yesterday I found during a call that the lock screen suddenly was replaced by the standard Mute...Keyboard... Speaker screen. I uninstalled and reinstalled the app but I doubt that is going to fix it.

This is my second phone that has been replaced due to the proximity sensor issue and I really don't want to go back to the Apple Store again and get another phone which may have the same problem or, alternatively, have different problems.

8. psywzrd thread starter macrumors 68030

I will try this when I get a chance and post back. I'm glad I'm not the only person having issues with this app but I'm very disappointed that the developer doesn't seem to care (either that or he disappeared).