Problem with Camera Connection Kit

Discussion in 'iPad' started by rappar, Jun 29, 2012.

1. rappar macrumors member

I have a third generation iPad and have been trying to use the camera connection kit to transfer pictures from an SD card to the iPad. When I plug the card into the connection kit, I get nothing. No pictures show up and I sometimes get a message telling me there is no video or pictures to transfer. Is there something I am missing?
    Thanks
    Ron

2. monkeylui macrumors 6502

I'm not sure. But check that the card is compatible.

3. fhall1 macrumors 68040

fhall1

Did the pictures come directly as taken by a camera or did you copy them to the card? The camera connection kit is picky about the folder structure used.

4. rappar thread starter macrumors member

These pictures did not come directly from the camera, they were some I had on my iMac but wanted to transfer to the iPad so I could do some editing with apps I had purchased.
    Ron

5. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

Images have to be located in a particular directory, just like your camera uses.

I recommend taking a look at the PhotoSync app.

6. poloponies Suspended

They need to be within a folder name DCIM (Digital Camera IMages) and have a 8 character filename structure (like "img_0001.jpg").

7. Badrottie Suspended

Badrottie

Great…what about video?

8. BluePhoenixRa macrumors regular

Videos are in a different folder, so they won't show up there either.

9. BryanL1972 macrumors newbie

camera connection kit

Yes, the same thing happened to me the other day after I got home purchasing my brand new Ipad 3,, and camera connection kit... I took out the sd card,,,(scan-disk)8mb,,and then put it back in several times in the camera connection kit,,and nothing,,,until I pushed it in (slightly-harder)...Thought it was really weird...but it has worked every time I now do it...Its like I had to give it more pressure by pushing it in,,,....I know it sounds weird,,,but I have also had to do this a few times on my laptop...Hope it is not some kind of problem....Any one with Ipad 2,,with same problem???