Problem with carrier

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by aslucher, Jul 21, 2011.

1. aslucher macrumors member

Ok so I'm stuck here and I was wondering if a few more sets of eyes could look and see what it is I'm doing wrong.

So I started with this:

iPhone 4
    4.2.1 JB

I saved my blobs and upgraded to 4.3.3

I had to use Tiny Umbrella TSS server to sign the install

I installed 4.3.3 fine

When it was done, it wasn't booting out of recovery so I made a custom IPSW through Redsn0w and installed it seeing how I had 4.3.3 actually already installed

Still gave me the seem recovery issue, so I used Tiny Umbrella and booted into DFU, fixed the recovery and exited. That seemed to have made me excited......

Here lies the problem now, I see AT&T and I have full bars but can't connect to anything with data. I get texting ability and calls. I AM NOT UNLOCKING!! So I don't care about my baseband (which is 03.10.01 if you're curious). I went to check my carrier settings and it says, Not Available.

I have tried Sam, UltraSn0w, installing carrier files, did another fresh install....... all the same events......

2. Abs_p macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Did u enable it under settings> general > network?

3. aslucher thread starter macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

Yeah it's enabled.

Update, reinstalled a new way. Again seemed to work. I now show AT&T 10.0 as my carrier but still no data!? My bill with AT&T is fine, I checked. Anything guys??

4. aslucher thread starter macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

Good news!!!!! After three days of no movement on my data plan I got my phone running smoothly! Here's what I did to get it working for anyone who had a similar problem.

Remember I'm not going to an unsupported carrier, I was successfully installing 4.3.3 with Apple no longer signing it.

Went through the official install, with tiny umbrella, through iTunes. Was stuck in the recovery loop. So said screw it ¡t, and skipped redsn0w and made a custom ipsw and went again through iTunes, utilizing Tiny Unbrella. It broke the recovery loop

I had no data and solved it by giving my iPhone generic carrier.plist. Already installed inside my files. I used ifile copied over "att

5. aslucher thread starter macrumors member

Hit respond too fast lol. "AT&T_US" was the one I copied invade I messed up. Went to the unknown carrier file inside and copied it's carrier.plist. Then I was able to customize the Apn settings for data and activate my mms. Thus solving my problem. Lol confusing. So if you are stuck like this I can help lol