Problem with Clutch 0.2 (Transmission web UI)

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by rogersmj, Jan 5, 2008.

1. rogersmj macrumors 68020

rogersmj

I (and a few other commenters on the TUAW post about Clutch) am having issues adding torrents to the dang thing. I can login to the UI, and it looks great, but whenever I try to add a torrent (via URL or file upload, it doesn't seem to matter), I just get a message that says "Upload Error: An unexpected error has occured [sic]. The torrent you uploaded may already be running."

It is not, of course, already running -- in fact there's no torrents at all running. I'm downloading to a directory inside my home folder on the host machine (which is running Leopard), and Transmission 1.0 itself works fine. The port for Transmission and the port for Clutch have both been punched through the router. So what's going wrong?

Their web site is next to worthless, by the way...no way for users to discuss problems like this, or submit tickets, and their FAQ/screenshots are out of date, as are their descriptions of some of the features. But it looks really cool and would serve my needs well if I can get it working. Anyone have any idea?

2. iheartcanada macrumors member

I haven't had any experience with Clutch yet. Might it be an incompatibility with Leopard. Have you tried downloading your .torrent file to your desktop and then dragging it to the clutch window?

3. rogersmj thread starter macrumors 68020

rogersmj

First of all, they specifically recommend Leopard. So I don't think that would be it.

Second, Clutch is a web interface for Transmission...so how would I be dragging a file into a browser to upload it, exactly? Regardless, I already said that I tried to add a torrent using both of Clutch's available methods: upload a torrent file from the computer I'm currently using, or just giving it a web URL and letting it get the file itself. Either way, I get the same error.

Edit: One of the Clutch devs emailed me back and said that they have a subforum on Transmission's site, but they hadn't put a link to it from their own site (so how anyone was supposed to find it is beyond me)...he said he's going to add a link now though.

Clutch forum: http://www.transmissionbt.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=8