Problem with colors/white balance on display

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Ovedius, Jul 30, 2016.

1. Ovedius, Jul 30, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2016

Ovedius macrumors 6502

Ovedius

Have any one you ever experienced problems with the colors, or white balance (I'm not really proficient in technical terms relating to colors and stuff) on their Mac?

My screen suddenly started getting way too white.
    It's especially noticeable at about half/three quarters brightness.
    Colors become muted and the screen becomes ...whiteish.

I can't really describe it better than that.
    I've tried rebooting but the issue persists.

I've never had to fiddle with screen calibration on any of my other Macs, and I don't think a screen can just become "uncalibrated" all by itself (I haven't installed anything that fiddles with the screen in any way).

I also had some weird white squared appear in the corner of the screen the other day, they didn't show up on the screenshots I took to document them. -could that indicate a hardware related error?

Should I call Apple about this?
    EDIT to clarify: I have to call to get in touch with them, there isn't a single sodding Apple Store I can visit in this country.

Postscript:
    When I started writing this, about eight hours ago (babies are enormous time sinks, it turns out), the screen clearly became way too white at half/three quarters brightness and when adjusting up to maximum brightness from said values.
    But now I can't replicate the phenomenon.
    How utterly, infuriatingly, frustrating.

2. SteveJUAE macrumors 68000

SteveJUAE

Snow Blindness :) that 8 hours away cured it

Yes people rave about CS but as soon as you gravitate further from the USA it soon diminishes UK, France fare better and this try and return after 14/30 days I wish unless you return it un-opened here no chance you can just stare at the box with it's seals intact for 14 days if your lucky

3. Ovedius thread starter macrumors 6502

Ovedius

Must be the answer.
    Norwegian summers have been known to cause severe snow blindness.
    -You know with the bright sunlight bouncing of the polar bears and fresh snow ;)

4. SteveJUAE macrumors 68000

SteveJUAE

Or Akvavit that stuff makes you blind :)