Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

IrmaN

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 12, 2009
Hi Guys

We are two people in the household that share the same iCloud account. This because we want to share the pictures we have/take.

However this has created a problem when we want to invite each other to a Activity competition. As far as I can see, when I invite it looks as I invite my self :) The name is the same on the both user that I can see on the list. And when I try to start a competition I can not get it to work.

Is there a smart solution to this without having to get to different iCloud accounts?

Deguello

macrumors 65816
Jun 29, 2008
Texas
If you tell Apple you're the same person, Apple is probably going to treat you that way. Not sure they could possibly do what you want, but maybe someone has an idea of which I've never heard.

Reactions: tromboneaholic

IrmaN

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 12, 2009
If you tell Apple you're the same person, Apple is probably going to treat you that way. Not sure they could possibly do what you want, but maybe someone has an idea of which I've never heard.
Yeah that is my hope too. I can not see any good ideas besides having two different accounts, but people do tend to be creative :)

tromboneaholic

Suspended
Jun 9, 2004
Clearwater, FL
Hi
Thanks for your answer, however this is only a specific album - to which I every time have to select photos that I want to share in. If I could share my entire photo album then it would be a good solution. But this way there is way too much manual administration
You can't compete against yourself, which is what sharing the same ID looks like to Apple's system.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.