Problem with computer after being reset

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by brford9, Dec 31, 2013.

1. brford9, Dec 31, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2013

brford9 macrumors newbie

I apologize for this somewhat long story.

About a month ago, my computer kernel panicked. I was running Mavericks at the time and had no problem using iTunes. I did everything I could on my end to try to fix it, including erasing the hard drive and attempting to reinstall, but nothing worked. I took it to the apple store, where the genius reinstalled Snow Leopard on my computer. iTunes ran fine on Snow Leopard, but I recently upgraded back to Mavericks and have not been able to use it since. When I try to run it, it says, "To run iTunes in 64-bit mode, select the iTunes application in the Finder, and choose the 'Get Info' command in the File menu, and uncheck the 'Open in 32-bit mode' checkbox in the iTunes Info window."

Why is this happening? And how can I fix it?

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Did you clear the checkbox as it mentioned? Does it comes back to checked and you're completely unable to run iTunes?

Are there other apps that behave similarly or are stuck in 32bit mode?

3. Bear macrumors G3

What version of iTunes are you running? If it's not a recent version, it could be too old to run on Mavericks.

4. brford9 thread starter macrumors newbie

@maflynn: I did clear the check box. It stays cleared, but the message still comes up. And I am unable to run it. The rest of iLife is working fine. As far as I can tell, iTunes is the only problem.

@Bear: I am running version 11.1.3, which I believe is the most recent version.