Problem with connecting MBP hdmi WITH audio

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by h0ttballer, Dec 24, 2010.

1. h0ttballer macrumors member

So i have a MBP late 2009 edition and I bought the mini display port with hdmi to connect my mbp to my hdtv, everything works cept there is no audio. I even checked the system pref and everything.

I did some research online and it seems like this issue is common with all the models prior to 2010. Does anyone know how to fix this? Is there a certain adapter I need??

Thanks alot

2. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

The mini display port does not output audio
    You will need a separate feed for audio

3. Rofl macrumors member

From what I know, only the newer versions of the MBP are audio + video compatible with HDMI. I don't think there's an alternative option to this because the technology maybe different for the two MBPs, so you'll have to settle for the audio output from your headphone jack. If anyone has another solution, then please feel free to add! It's just that many have experienced compatibility issues with the audio/video output on the HDMI even with the newer MBPs. That's why I don't think there's a workaround with the older MBPs.

4. h0ttballer thread starter macrumors member

****... I guess I have to connect a set of speakers to my MBP then. Which isnt a big issue. But then again I have an excuse to get a new MBP lol

5. AdamRock macrumors 6502a

AdamRock

only the newest models of the mbp support audio in the mini display port.

but if your tv has an audio in jack then you could use this type of wire.

[​IMG]