Problem with connecting to network with new macbook

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by gadgetgirl85, Feb 4, 2008.

1. gadgetgirl85 macrumors 68040

gadgetgirl85

I got my macbook yesterday and I had no problems connecting to the network. I calibrated the battery and now the network password seems to be lost and everytime I retype the password in it says "Connection Timed out" Can anyone help?

2. Hankster macrumors 68020

Hankster

Seems that you need the password for the wireless Internet, there's nothing on your MB you can change. That is if I'm reading your post correctly...when you type in the password to connect to the wireless Internet you're typing in the wrong password.

3. gadgetgirl85 thread starter macrumors 68040

gadgetgirl85

For some reason when the computer sleeps it wont automatically reconnect to the network. Is there some way I can change that?

4. jemeinc macrumors 6502a

I had the same problem...I had to reset my airport extreme base station and everything was fine after that.,,

5. Beric macrumors 68020

Beric

I had that for a few times after I got my new Macbook. Then it just started working. You have to play a little bit with the keychain, possibly. But it was really annoying to have to type in that huge password so many times!

6. gadgetgirl85 thread starter macrumors 68040

gadgetgirl85

Still unable to get it to work :( Does anyone know the exact keychain procedure?