Problem with contacts being deleted...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iSeanG, Nov 29, 2011.

1. iSeanG macrumors newbie

Greetings....so this is what Ive noticed. I have an iPhone 4S with 5.0.1 installed (ATT)

At first I noticed that some of my contacts would automatically delete when I sync'd to iTunes... and today when I was adding a few new ones...the one I added just before would delete. It happened 3 times in a row. Adding a new contact deleted the previous added contact. So I re-added them all...and seems ok for now. But what would cause this? Anyone have this issue or the sync issue happen?

Sean

2. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

When you're syncing its probably not adding the new ones to address book and just replaces and wipes them out.
    Its a software/setting issue and it does not need to be replaced under warranty.
    When you plug your iphone to itunes go under the info tab and check the sync contacts situation there.

4. iSeanG, Nov 29, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2011

iSeanG thread starter macrumors newbie

Itunes is set up correctly...I have had an iPhone for years and only since I got the 4S have I had these issues...Incidently I just got off the phone with Apple care...he said it sounds like a software issue so he asked me to restore my phone and if that doesnt work Apple will probably replace with a new one. Fingers crossed!

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yes, I'd also suggest to restore and setup as new.

6. iSeanG thread starter macrumors newbie

Restore didnt seem to help...AppleCare called me back and set up an appt with the local Apple store...then they will determine if my phone needs to be replaced. First time in several years that I have had any problems with the iPhone.