Problem with content of open windows

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by ajay94, May 8, 2008.

1. ajay94 macrumors newbie

Hi my friend has a black macbook and he has been getting these odd lines every so often in some open windows and once he had to restart because his whole wallpaper was like it and it covers the content of the windows. He is a graphic designer (thats why he has photoshop and flash i'm so envious) but has only just got it (1-2 months) so has only been using it for light stuff. Do you have any idea what this could be?

Here is the link
    http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t46/ajay_s/Picture1-2.png

PS: i'm new here can we put html in posts?

2. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

My guess would be be that he should try reinstalling OS X. If that doesn't help, it may be a graphics chipset issue and he needs to take it in to an Apple store or ship it off to Apple for repair.

Not sute about the HTML tags thing, but I don't think it would work.

3. ajay94 thread starter macrumors newbie

it is very sporadic and has happened 3 times-ish so i dont know if it could be a HUGE problem
    in pages where i was all i did for him was press command+s to save his work, quit it and tried again. It didnt work the first time so i left it for a couple of minutes and i tried it again and it was fine.

4. netnothing macrumors 68040

netnothing

Have him install iStat Pro and check the temps on the machine. It's a widget.
    http://www.islayer.com/index.php?op=item&id=7

Can he hear the fan running? Maybe the machine is overheating?

Most newer MacBooks have the fan around 1800rpm as the default lowest speed. It goes up from there.

-Kevin

5. ajay94 thread starter macrumors newbie

its running at almost exactly 1800rpm
    it seems to be originating from iWork
    he bought it with me (the family pack) from Apple so i dont know what the problem is he seems very uneasy about reinstalling osx

6. ajay94 thread starter macrumors newbie

uh oh
    we've been watching a movie
    he did some work on pages
    we made a song on garageband
    its gone up to 5000rpm!
    is that really bad?