Problem with Cydia...

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by iFiend, Mar 5, 2011.

1. iFiend macrumors 65816

iPhone 4, 4.2.1

Hoping someone can help since I've looked all over the internets and come up short. For the past 2 days whenever I try to install, upgrade, or uninstall a package it doesn't work. I press the button but nothing happens. Checked my lists for bad sources, deleted all files except for the "partial" folder in that one location, nothing.

Any idea how to fix this? I'm no n00b and completely comfortable doing whatever needs to be done (other than restoring!)

2. polishmacuser macrumors 6502a

polishmacuser

reboot the phone? sometimes that helps, helped me once.

3. Mystikal macrumors 68020

Mystikal

SSH in and use command and use apt-get update.

4. iFiend thread starter macrumors 65816

Reboot doesn't help. Can I use mobile terminal to do that command? Can't do that actually because I cant install anything!

5. tempusfugit macrumors 65816

I remember having similar problems and I ended up needing to restore. It might sound tedious but its a sure fire way to get it working again.

6. LoLife macrumors regular

I don't know if your having the same problem as my friend was but on her phone nothing was coming up in cydia. It wouldn't show her packages at all, no sources and nothing would come up in the searches. I found out that her phone was full to the max, with iTunes songs, so she delete some of her music and not cydia works great. Don't know if that helps but it's worth a shot

7. iFiend thread starter macrumors 65816

I've tried everything...

Still no luck! Other than what's suggested in this thread does anyone else have any words of wisdom?

8. WhatAmI macrumors 6502a

WhatAmI

Don't think I've ever come across this particular problem. Try one thing pls, look for a paid Cydia package, don't click the blue Purchase-button at the top but click the Yellow banner with the price a few rows down on the page. Any difference?

9. iFiend thread starter macrumors 65816

Yes that does do something different but I am not sure it matters. When I click the yellow area it takes me to the facebook/google login and when I click "purchase" it does nothing (much like it does for install, upgrade, etc). It looks like the button presses (changes color) but nothing happens.

10. WhatAmI macrumors 6502a

WhatAmI

Ok, I had thought that this might 'release' something and bring you back on track but no... Except for reinstalling Cydia manually I don't think there's much one can do but Restore =/

11. iFiend thread starter macrumors 65816

Man that sucks :( Thanks for the help.

I guess 4.3 and hopefully the JB are right around the corner so maybe I can hold out until then for a restore.

Anyone else have any idea?

12. iFiend thread starter macrumors 65816

13. supermac96 macrumors 6502a

supermac96

allright if you have ifile you can fix it. first on the internet ,find the latest version cydia for download. then download it if you have safari download manager to ifile, fo into ifile and select install. worked for me!

14. iFiend thread starter macrumors 65816

I believe I already have the newest version of Cydia. 1.0.3366-1 right?

15. iFiend thread starter macrumors 65816

16. elyah macrumors member

I had a similar experience yesterday every time i went to manage packages and scorlled to the s it would crash im not sure if you can install icy and install the app that you want from there or you can delete from icy to it work for me i hope that helps my ? will cydia let you install icy or do you crash immediately let me know if that helps but Im n00b so you probably know more than me just trying to help

17. iFiend thread starter macrumors 65816

Stay far away from Icy!

It's bug ridden crap! From someone who has been jailbreaking since I got my 3G, don't use it!

18. elyah macrumors member

ok thanks for the heads up i will not use it i just used it to uninstall scrollingboard because i was not able to uninstall from cydia. thanks

19. iFiend thread starter macrumors 65816

Glad I could help :) At least my thread helped someone because today my Cydia seems to be fine!