Problem with Data usage recursive

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by chezbob, Mar 27, 2014.

1. chezbob macrumors newbie

Hi,
    this is my first post here, because I have a problem that is costing me money and I don't know what is it.
    I have a recursive data usage from something I don't know. I know it's recursive, because when I check my data consomption on detail, I can see it eat up, every couple of minutes interval, 95,37 mb of data. It's started today, I woke up this moning and went out to my rendez-vous, and I received email from my carrier saying im at 75% data usage, then soon after at 95%. So I checked my usage consuption and by the time I realyze what is happening, my bill is 20$ more of what it is supposed to be. I put my phone on plane state to close all connection and I'am now here asking questions.
    How can I monitor wich app, or wich something use my Data? It's exactely 95,37mb, at each 2 or 5 or 10 minutes interval (the interval is not steady, only the data consumption)
    Do you have an idea what is going on?
    Thank you for your lantern.

2. ftaok macrumors 603

ftaok

Go to Settings>Cellular>Use Cellular Data For:

Each app that is allowed to use Cellular Data will show the amount of data used since the last reset. If you're chewing up data like that, you probably have some sort of app that's gone crazy

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Go to settings/cellular
    Then scroll down, it will show what apps and how much data they used so far.
    And there you can also disable cellular data for certain apps if you want etc..
    You can reset stats on the bottom on the day your billing cycle begins to have a more detailed usage idea per month.