Problem with dock in SuperDocker - mirror effect

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Shizukadono, Aug 19, 2009.

1. Shizukadono macrumors newbie

A few days ago I started using SuperDocker to change the appearance of the dock, and ever since then I've noticed a little problem. There seems to be an extra layer under the dock that gives it a second mirror effect. This only appeared when I started using SuperDocker, and I cannot get it to go away no matter what other application I use.

Some screenshots to further illustrate--

On the default dock:
    [​IMG]

On a darker dock:
    [​IMG]

On what should be a transparent dock:
    [​IMG]

On a 2D dock:
    [​IMG]

The gray layer below the dock is what seems to be giving it this effect. Again, this only appeared when I started using SuperDocker. The part that concerns (and annoys) me is that this mirror layer does not disappear when I enter full screen on a DVD-- so I'm forced to either exit out of full screen or watch my DVD with this bar covering the bottom. Are there any ideas on how I could get rid of this?

2. -tWv- macrumors 68000

-tWv-

So restoring the dock appearance in superdocker leaves that bar there?`

and sorry for not being helpful but where did you get that finder icon?

3. Shizukadono thread starter macrumors newbie

Well, there's also the problem that clicking "Restore" in SuperDocker doesn't actually restore the dock, just refreshes it... but I saved the default skin beforehand, and putting that one on doesn't get rid of it. Neither does resetting it in other skin applications.

The finder icon is something I downloaded here.