Problem with downgrade from 3.1.3 to 3.1.2.

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by scott:mac, Feb 14, 2010.

1. scott:mac macrumors regular

Hi Guys.

My iTunes upgraded my jailbroken iPod touch 3G to 3.1.3 from 3.1.2.
    I lost my JB :/

Ive tried all the remedies, e.g. Downloading the 3.1.2 ispw and restoring but i get the. 'this device is not eligible for this build' message.

Help?
    thanks.

2. tadad1 macrumors 6502a

tadad1

I only have a 2G but from what I understand with the 3G is that when restoring iTunes verifies the install and downloads a signed file from Apple to complete the process. When a new version of firmware is released Apple stops signing off on the previous version thereby preventing you from being able to downgrade.

The only way you can get around this is if you have your devices 3.1.2 SHSH signature file backed up through Cydia and stored on Sauriks server, you can then use this to trick iTunes into letting you downgrade.

A Google search for "SHSH restore through cydia" will find you the details.

3. MrCooka macrumors newbie

Are you sure you downloaded the right firmware? Notice that the so called ipod touch 3G 8Gb is really a 2G (dont know if this is your case).
    When I did my downgrade, i downloaded the firmware from here: http://www.felixbruns.de/iPod/firmware/ ... give it a try.

Good luck.

4. pcs are junk macrumors 65816

no, the first answer is right. you need to do research before updating, because there is currently no jailbreak for the ipod touch 3g 3.1.3, and you cannot downgrade. you are pretty much SOL until the dev-team finds another exploit. even if they do, they will probably release it on iphone os 4.0.