Problem with download in dock

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by yayagal, Apr 2, 2011.

1. yayagal macrumors newbie

My download file in the dock is gone. I've searched for it and can't find it. Someone told me to go to users file but when I did there is just a house icon and a file.
    I want to download a game at big fish but when the zip file takes me to downloads the game is never there. Any help would be great.
    I have always been able to work around the download missing in the dock but I'm stymied this time. Thanks

2. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

Your downloads folder is insider your home folder (the one that looks like a house)

3. johnnyturbouk macrumors 68000

johnnyturbouk

on the yellow [oled] brick road to tech nirvana.
    i use to loose doc items all the time, :eek:
    my fault as i was re-organising my doc and accidentally released the icons just above the doc...doh!
    was a pain but u can re-add them back from navigating into finder and placing them back into the dock

4. MacCrackAddict macrumors member

if you know a part of the filename type it in the search on finder and when you highlight it you will be able to see where it is

5. dusk007 macrumors 68040

dusk007

What browser do you use?
    I don't fully understand what your problem is but if you only downloaded into the temporary download directory of your browser and unzip it than the decompressed folder will be in the temp folder.

6. iVeBeenDrinkin' macrumors 65816

iVeBeenDrinkin'

Drag and drop, to the dock... That kinda rhymes.