Problem with dual network setup and Extreme

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by renysmom, Mar 27, 2009.

1. renysmom macrumors newbie

We are looking for a solution to a problem we are having with our wirelesss network.

Here is the scenario

We are setting up a wireless network on a MAC/PC system using the Apple Airport Extreme with a USB hub set up.

We can see and use the external drives on the Mac, a windows laptop running vista but we cannot see the external drives on the windows laptop with XP.

All three are picking up the wireless signal, no problem and we can see the windows xp laptop on the network via the MAC and the Vista Laptop so we know it is seeing and connected to the network.. What we cannot see the external drives on the laptop XP.. Here is the kicker, it was all working yesterday with no problems on all three computers until the XP laptop lost the wireless signal. That is when we stopped seeing the external drives on the laptop XP

We have tried everything we can think of as a solution... Does anyone have a suggestion on what we are not doing? It is probably something simple but our thoughts are now cloudy,

Thanks

2. renysmom thread starter macrumors newbie

3. kelvin805 macrumors newbie

Are they not showing up at all? in the my computer portion it doesn't show networked drives, if they're not showing up, go into the airport utility on the windows side, and just specify a workgroup name for the drives, I did that and they showed up.

4. Wafflebird macrumors newbie

Not to hijack the thread but......

I have the AIr-Port Extreme Base Station. I have a 1TB HDD hooked up and have never had a problem, that is until recently. Now my Windows computers both Vista and XP see and communicate with it no problem. My Mac-Book Pro however has become hit and miss.... with more missing than hitting. Only about 1 out of 5 start-ups end in a successful connection. This seems to have happened since my last Windows AEBS update. In addition to this one of the last times I was actually able to get the connection I was trying to transfer some photos and the speed was dismal.

Has there been any known issues with the latest firmware?

I have un-plugged, re-booted everything countless times. This is frustrating to say the least.:mad: