Problem with earphones since using the hands free set!!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by mattylad479, Jul 20, 2010.

1. mattylad479 macrumors newbie

Hello all, Well this may be a simple answer but no one who I know that owns an Iphone has had the problem nor knows how to remedy it.

I cant stand the normal Iphone earphones, they just dont fit in my ears (they are only small lol). So i have been using my own set of inner earphones with no problems. However, one day i was expecting a call and needed to drive so i decided to use the hands free earphones that came with my iphone and they worked fine (except from falling out my ears). Now though is a different story, my iphone will only play music through the hands free earphones now. It wont play through my old set or even the standard ear phones from an IPOD. Any ideas folks cos i need my tunes!!

Cheers

Matty

2. squeakr macrumors 68000

squeakr

Sounds like an issue that has plagued other phones for ages. Sounds like one of the contacts within the jack is stuck. Try this, turn the device upside down (so the jack is facing down) then insert and remove the headset connector several times quickly. This usually will release the connector and cause it to return to the normal setting. Had a friend at work that his Palm Pre stopped working for sound after using his hands free set. I instructed him to do this fix (after he complained that he took it to CSR and they failed to correct the situation so was ordering him a new phone as his was considered defective) and the device worked as normal once again. This can release a stuck connector piece or release dust or dirt that may have dropped into the connector (hence why it needs to be with the jack facing down, as the dirt/ obstruction can drop free from the device when released).

Hope this works for you.