Problem with external display and MBP.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by nerzus, Jul 19, 2011.

1. nerzus macrumors newbie

I have a Macbook Pro 13" Mid 2010. When i connect it to an external display (LG L222W), the image have some issues at 1680 x 1050.

Here you can see the issues http://youtu.be/ioCBwjOAmGc

What can it be? Cause when i connect the MBP to my TV with the same adaptor it seem's to work fine.

Thanks!

2. snaky69 macrumors 603

What cable or adapter are you using? Are you mirroring displays?

3. crypticlineage macrumors regular

The OP is a scammer. Notice the link: www.youtu.BE

He needs to get banned.

4. nerzus thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm using an minidisplayport to vga adapter that i bought at ebay. No, i'm not mirroring.
    When i choose another resolution i don't have that issues.

To crypticlineage: i don't know why i should be banned, is a reduced link from youtube. If is wrong, tell me.

Thanks.

5. awer25, Jul 19, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2011

awer25 macrumors 65816

awer25

Which...redirects right to youtube.com. The link is fine.

The problem is that you're using VGA (an analog signal) and it's encountering interference. Does your monitor have a digital port like DVI or DP? If so, that would correct the problem. If not, try re-routing the cable away from other wires (especially power wires), and if need be find a better quality cable with better shielding (like this).

6. nerzus thread starter macrumors newbie

I tried re-routing the cable but the issues still on. Could be some problem with the adaptor? It cost only 12 $.

7. awer25 macrumors 65816

awer25

It definitely could be, as the adapter converts the digital signal to analog and may be doing a crappy job of it.

Here's a new, genuine Apple VGA adapter for $17 from eBay - I'd give that a try IF your monitor doesn't have a DVI port (and if your 2010 model has a mini Display Port, which I'm pretty sure it does). Remember, DVI would fix all this since the signal stays digital the whole way.

8. nerzus thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks a lot.
    My monitor doesn't have DVI, so i will buy a new adapter and hope it will get fixed.