Problem with external screens not waking up

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by tofagerl, Mar 13, 2017.

1. tofagerl macrumors 6502a

tofagerl

I have two external screens connected to my mbp15tb most of the time I'm at home, and I keep having to restart one or both of the displays because after waking up the computer doesn't realize it's still connected to one or both screens any more.
    Unfortunately, this keeps happening even when I restart the screen, so I end up having to restart the screen X times before both external screens show an image.
    One screen is connected by the new tb3-> usb/hdmi/tb3 adapter, and the other is connected by a Thunderbolt 2 with a tb3->tb2 adapter.

2. szilske macrumors member

I have the same issue fromm time to time. I think it is related to my QacQoc USB-C-to-HDMI hub.

3. tjhassan macrumors member

I'm having the same issue with my LG 27" UD68 4K monitor and a J5 Create USB C to Display port cable. Only way to make the monitor work is to wake it up, unplug the display port cable and plug it back in. It only works on the monitor's end, if I unplug the cable from the MacBook (usb c side) and plug it back in, nothing happens.

4. t.portis macrumors member

t.portis

Had this issue and it appears it was the adapter I was using. Switched to Apple adapters and had no further issues.