Problem with FCPX Export(sound)

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by JakeRev, Jul 25, 2011.

1. JakeRev macrumors newbie

I import .m4v files to FCPX and edit it very little just trim and title it, then I export with Current setting and H.264(2 try), but when I watch the finished file, I can hear little popping sounds constantly over all time. the original file doesn't have that sounds. So I try using iMovie and it has no problem. I don't know if there was a problem in FCPX or my problem. Please let me know if I can fix in FCPX.

Thanks in advance.

2. macabouttobe macrumors regular

macabouttobe

3. xizar macrumors regular

Have you tried exporting to a format other than h264? I know there aren't very many options if you don't have Compressor, but perhaps you could do a test export to YouTube.

Do you have x264 installed? I don't know if that would affect anything, but I wonder if it creates some conflict. (I'm having different issues with h264, myself, but it's on the import side.)

4. simsaladimbamba

Have you tried selecting another codec in the export window (CMD+E), like ProRes 422 for example?

5. rincey12 macrumors newbie

I have exactly the same problem on both Macs with FCPX (running Snow Leopard first, now Lion). Sound clips are fine while in the Media Browser but as soon as I drag them into the timeline they get some kind of "mysterious clicking noise" :)

Tried every kind of export, video+audio, audio only, as MP3, WAV, AIF whatever... always the same problem.

Perhaps Compressor can help?

Adi

6. simsaladimbamba

What format are those sound clips in?

7. cgbier macrumors 6502a

That problem normally happens with 44.1kHz mp3 files. Most often when that mp3 is rendered in FCP's timeline. To prevent that to happen, I import the file into Garageband or STP, then export it as an 48kHz AIFF.

8. cotchon macrumors newbie

Hello,
    I have exactly the same problem unfortunately.

My source files are extracted from a camera samsung wb550,
    video: 1280*720 @30fps AVC (Main@L4.0) (CABAC/1 Ref Frames)
    audio: 128Kbps, 32.0 KHz, 2 channels, AAC (Version 4) (LC)

before exporting, all is fine, audio, video, transitions, ... very nice.
    when I export either video+audio or audio only, the result is the audio has missing parts (some cuts) let say 4 cuts every seconds.

I know that original audio is 32KHz, so I tried to export the final project in 32, 44.1, 48 khz, I get the same result.

I also tried to set the project as 32KHz by default, export the audio into .wav at 32khz, same result :-(

9. Thirsty Robot macrumors newbie

Ugh I thought I was the only one! I have been waiting to release this video now for weeks because I thought I just wasn't getting something with the peaks in the sound, or thought maybe it was my new Mac having a problem but it isn't.

I made a simple little song in Garageband to accompany this video I'm making and I've sent the song to iTunes to listen and it's completely fine. As soon as it's in FCPX it's popping throughout. I even hear the popping before export, it's as soon as it's in the timeline.

Is there any fix for this??? SO annoying. I can't release this thing until it's done, and I need some of the effects in Final Cut so I'm not able to jump to iMovie. :(

10. linuxcooldude macrumors 68020

Same thing here. I get popping noises, but it seems only to do when I import audio clips "Jingle" that comes from iMove "11. If I import other audio from another source it does not seem to be a problem.