Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jennerin630

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 1, 2004
I am currently using OSX - and am having problems with Helvetica combined with Acrobat.... When I make a PDF with Distiller - the font Helvetica gets really weird and uses ding bats or something when I print the PDF out. I think it might have something to do with Distiller when I try to make a PDF - I have turned off the hei.dfont system font through extensis - but that doesnt seem to remedy the situation.

Also, I am having a problem in Freehand MX when converting a document to a PDF with Distiller. Fonts that are fine in my file and on the screen, subsitute bullets, apostrophes, and inch marks... in the PDF.

We have turned off the system font Hei.dfont - other than outlining the fonts - is there anyway to advoid this problem?

Thanks so much,
Jennifer :confused:

MisterMe

macrumors G4
Jul 17, 2002
USA
Jennerin630 said:
I am currently using OSX - and am having problems with Helvetica combined with Acrobat.... When I make a PDF with Distiller - the font Helvetica gets really weird and uses ding bats or something when I print the PDF out. I think it might have something to do with Distiller when I try to make a PDF - I have turned off the hei.dfont system font through extensis - but that doesnt seem to remedy the situation.

Also, I am having a problem in Freehand MX when converting a document to a PDF with Distiller. Fonts that are fine in my file and on the screen, subsitute bullets, apostrophes, and inch marks... in the PDF.

We have turned off the system font Hei.dfont - other than outlining the fonts - is there anyway to advoid this problem?

Thanks so much,
Jennifer :confused:
This is a shot in the dark: I would disable Extensis first.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.