Problem with full screen on Safari

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by sthlmscripter, Feb 21, 2014.

1. sthlmscripter macrumors newbie

Hi everyone!
    For some reason my Safari have decided to always play full screen video in a new space. This is kind of irritating because in some cases, on some web pages, the full screen mode now doesn't work at all. When I click on symbol with the double arrows under the video nothing just happens.
    So how do I change it back so Safari plays full screen videos on the desktop I'm actually watching?
    All suggestions is appreciated!

2. saberahul macrumors 68040

I think it's a Mavericks thing (if you have it). I find it annoying as well and do not have a solution for it.

3. sthlmscripter thread starter macrumors newbie

4. sthlmscripter thread starter macrumors newbie

Hello! I found a solution by myself. Seemed that I had some kind of trouble with the Flash Player. Because when I uninstalled it and installed an older version of it (just to be safe) - it worked!
    Now when I click on "full screen" the video go full screen and stays in space. Hurray!:D

5. Kobayagi macrumors 6502a

Kobayagi

I'm having the same problem. Especially with youtube. When I press a video to go to full screen, it goes to a new space, creating that annoying and slow transition effect. But some video's go full screen right away.

I also have this problem when watching a movie with VLC. But yesterday, I found a solution for that.

If you also don't like this effect, in VLC: go to properties, and on the interface tab, uncheck the second box that's saying something like: Use standard fullscreen mode (not 100% sure because my VLC is in Dutch :p )

As for Safari, I'll also try an older version of Flash. But I'll need to click on a few video's to be sure, because as I said, some video's open without the transition and some with.

Maybe it's the same for the OP?

6. Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

I was under the impression that there have recently been a couple of "crucial" software upgrades to Flash Player to address security issues for all versions prior to 12.0.0.70.

Just a heads up on the off chance that you were not aware of the issue...:D

7. Kobayagi, Feb 25, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2014

Kobayagi macrumors 6502a

Kobayagi

I just uninstalled Flash and youtube still works.. ? I thought it shouldn't work without it. And I checked, I'm not on HTML5.

And going fullscreen still opens a new space in Safari, very annoying.

So my question is, do I need the flash player at all since youtube works without. :roll eyes:

Edit: Actually, I do need flash ^^ youtube just said it needs the plug-in