Problem with G5???

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by athers, Jun 8, 2007.

1. athers macrumors newbie

Hey guys, just joined to hopefully get some help to be honest. Im a graphic designer and work with a mac 9 hours a day so im quite familiar with them but not over technically minded when it comes to computers but im having a real problem. I came into work this morning and fired teh mac up and my 20" Cinema HD Apple monitor has started to shyake and blur everytime i move the mouse, well i tried a colleagues monitor and it did the same so its not that and ive checked the graphics card is secure and free of dust, it did have a fair bit of dust surrounding it so could that be it. Its back in for now and it hasnt helped cleaning it up at all.

Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks

Chris

2. AdeFowler macrumors 68020

AdeFowler

Hi Chris,

Which G5 and graphics card is it?

I guess you've tried all the normal things (reset PRAM, PMU etc).
    Can you describe the symptoms a bit more? Is it useable?

Ade

3. athers thread starter macrumors newbie

My G5 is a Dual 2.3 Ghz PowerPC G5

Graphics card:NVIDIA GeForce 6600, 256mb

Will reset PRAM etc at end of day, currently working on it, everything else works ok.

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly.

Chris

4. MacBoobsPro macrumors 603

MacBoobsPro

If you have a mighty mouse have you accidently used OSX zoom function and slighlty zoomed in?

If that had happened then to mouse pointer screen would move a little with movement from the mouse and everything will look slightly blurred.

Hold down control and scoll back/down to zoom fully out.

Maybe its nothing to do with this but its just a thought.

:)

5. athers thread starter macrumors newbie

Oh my god, what an idiot, i didnt think it locked into a position when you used the OSX zoom function, i was Zoomed in one notch and that was the problem. You r a life saver and i feel really stupid. My colleagues are having a field taking the piss about this one.

Cheers