Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

redtiger

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 11, 2008
I installed Parallels on my Macbook the other day with the intention of playing some older games... So far, I've only installed one (Counter Strike 1.6) because I can't get it to work. The installation process went fine, but when I loaded the game, the resolution was really, really small, so I increased it (to 1024x768), I believe. Now, the game is HUGE. I can only see the top of the main menu so I can't access the Options to change the resolution. I've tried completely uninstalling CS then re-installing, but the resolution remains the same. If anyone has any solutions, it would be appreciated. Thanks! :)

bart rijksen

macrumors regular
Mar 1, 2008
Use the arrow keys, and the enter key, to navigate to the settings, than try to change the resolution. I had the same problem.

redtiger

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 11, 2008
Use the arrow keys, and the enter key, to navigate to the settings, than try to change the resolution. I had the same problem.

I just tried that and even when I get to the menu, I can't navigate to any of the tabs either by clicking on them or using the arrow keys. I can move the cursor, but nothing happens when I click the tabs.

bart rijksen

macrumors regular
Mar 1, 2008
I just tried that and even when I get to the menu, I can't navigate to any of the tabs either by clicking on them or using the arrow keys. I can move the cursor, but nothing happens when I click the tabs.

did you try using tab?

Consultant

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
Try them on Fusion, get a trial key for 30 days.

Won't work there either, because you are actually running the resource hog known as Windows.

Try CrossOver Games. It doesn't run windows so it's faster than VMWare or Parallels but compatible programs are of a shorter list than running full windows.

redtiger

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 11, 2008
Won't work there either, because you are actually running the resource hog known as Windows.

Try CrossOver Games. It doesn't run windows so it's faster than VMWare or Parallels but compatible programs are of a shorter list than running full windows.

Ooooh, this looks interesting. Thanks for the link! I'm definately going to try this out. I like the idea of never having to use Windows again :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.