Problem with getting audio from macbook to TV

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ksw10, Jul 21, 2010.

1. ksw10 macrumors newbie

Hey all just wondering if someone can help me out here. I bought a 1/8" to 2 rca male Y cable and my TV speakers still don't get any signal. At first I thought it was a bad cable so i got a new one but I still have the same failed results. :eek:

2. MonkeyET macrumors 6502

Well there is two possible issues. Are you turning the volume up on your headphone output while making sure you are actually outputting signal via settings in the system preferences? The second thing would be making sure that your TV is set to the correct input to allow for the audio input. It does not seem likely that two of the cables are defective.

Is this a new Macbook that allows audio and video from the Mini Display port? If so you could get a third party adapter and run HDMI to your TV...

3. ksw10 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the response

I do have the volume up on macbook and tv and have it on the right input. I put the rca cables into my system and they work fine they're just not working when I plug them directly into the TV's AV inputs. This is a macbook pro 13" that I bought last year brand new.

4. ksw10 thread starter macrumors newbie

Nevermind, problem solved.
    My TV sucks, you hafta have signal runnin through the video AV input as well or else the audio wont get through. Gotta thank my buddy and PS2 for takin care of that issue.