Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

OrangeSVTguy

macrumors 601
Original poster
Sep 16, 2007
Northeastern Ohio
Well I've noticed lately when sending out emails, I select one of my accounts that I use online(specifically craigslist) but when I get a reply, they are going to another inbox from my other(private) account. I don't want this account exposed, especially to the likes of craigslist as that's a big time spam magnet and for potential scammers.

What's going on with the Mail application? I checked my settings and all my account information is correct. This has just started happening recently so it must have been an update or something?

I checked my "sent" folder and it's showing as the mail has gone out through the right email account but I got a response showing it was sent to my private account....

OrangeSVTguy

macrumors 601
Original poster
Sep 16, 2007
Northeastern Ohio
Thanks for the response.

Not that I am aware of. I never changed any settings.

Well I guess it's working now. I just went into preferences and changed all the information again and saved it. Guess somehow the accounts got mixed up or something with an update? It's working fine now.

dissolve

macrumors 6502a
Aug 23, 2009
Glad it got sorted it. If you hadn't changed any forwarding settings, I'm not sure what happened. If you notice it again, send an email to yourself from the misbehaving account to make sure it's coming from where you want it to.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.