Problem With Graphics

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by oglock, Jan 13, 2011.

1. oglock macrumors member

Sup everyone,

ive got the last gen macbook pro i seem to be having a problem with the graphics. if i watch a movie or a video the picture tends to lag and goes dissorted for a couple seconds. also if im playing a game like wow.. the game freezes for a couple seconds. is there a way to reinstall the driver? or update it?

thanks

2. Auzburner macrumors 65816

Auzburner

This sounds like a hardware issue... Not a simply software fix.

3. cameronwilby macrumors newbie

cameronwilby

If by last gen you mean pre-2008 (Silver keys) you may be included in the whole defective graphics card problem. Contact Applecare!

4. oglock thread starter macrumors member

Yep i got the silver key MacBook pro but Its out of warranty do they still fox this? What do they do

5. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

I'm pretty sure with your model they've extended the warranty to 3 years for anybody experiencing the graphics issues. Go to an Apple Store and get it checked out, they should replace the logic board for free.

6. oglock thread starter macrumors member

Sorry for the dumb question what do you mean by logic board? The graphics chip or whole motherboard? If it's the graphics side if I was to pay extra do you reckon the can upgrade the graphics?  thanks

7. oglock thread starter macrumors member

Took it to the genius bar today They refused that it's a defective graphics card showed them a sample of a movie clip which froze for a couple seconds but the guy reckons it's a problem with the file