problem with group text messages

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by fleeper, Oct 23, 2010.

1. fleeper macrumors 6502

When I choose more than one contact and send a group text message, it goes as an MMS message. Any fix for this?

2. Auzburner macrumors 65816

Auzburner

Could you explain a little bit more, please? What do you mean it sends as an MMS? You should still be able to enter text into the field.

3. fleeper thread starter macrumors 6502

I can enter text but it goes out as a "group MMS" according to the top of my message. I am getting complaints from others who, when they receive MMS messages, must go to a website to view them (and it's really just a text).

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I dont think there is a fix.
    Every time I group text also goes as mms.

5. fleeper thread starter macrumors 6502

Weird. I guess it has been this way for me also; I have started getting complaints from from friends with BB's that they have to go to a site to view them. I remember what a paint that was on my original iPhone.

It just seems like such a weird glitch.

6. xNatechx macrumors newbie

xNatechx

I had this happen to me the other day. I sent out a group message and got a few replies from people saying that there was no attachment to my message... I didn't even send a pic.

7. himni macrumors regular

Go in to settings then messages and turn 'Group Messaging' off. 'Group Messaging' is a iPhone to iPhone AT&T only feature that you really don't want on unless you message lots of iPhones.