Problem with group text, started yesterday

jd369

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 7, 2011
I am in a group text with a bunch of buddies, some have iphones, some dont. Starting yesterday whenever someone messages in the group I get it as a text from that person in our one on one texts instead of the group. Same if I send one, it shows as a one on one text from me instead of the group. All of my settings have remained the same and I was group texting fine on Saturday before this started yesterday. Anyone have any insight? Thanks.

macfacts

macrumors 68040
Oct 7, 2012
Cybertron
I am in a group text with a bunch of buddies, some have iphones, some dont. Starting yesterday whenever someone messages in the group I get it as a text from that person in our one on one texts instead of the group. Same if I send one, it shows as a one on one text from me instead of the group. All of my settings have remained the same and I was group texting fine on Saturday before this started yesterday. Anyone have any insight? Thanks.
Looks like someone in the group switched from a iPhone to a Android device. Try WhatsApp for group chats.

jd369

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 7, 2011
Another person in the group text is still getting them in the group just fine, that leads me to believe it is something with my phone.

jd369

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 7, 2011
Verizon. Myself and 9 others. No one new added. Its happening for all of my group texts, there are 3 or 4 of them.